I've got Compass CHC investigating my Mother's situation. They sound like they know their way round the system, with all it's complexities. After I'd exhausted quite a few avenues trying to find someone that appreciated the complexity of my Mother's situation, I contacted them. They are in the proce...
As I have found out there's a National Scandal where vulnerable, disabled, frail and ill people like my Mother are being prevented from qualifying for what they are entitled to - namely NHS CHC funding. And that it is illegal for people to be charged for care fees when they have health issues result...
Hi there. I've had a Safe-Guarding conclusion meeting last week about my Mother's unpaid care fees. I produced emails verifying I have investigations ongoing about NHS Continuing Health Care social services + local CCG failed to support me with. Which they ignored. My Mother has health issues which ...
I contacted the Police, where I arranged to meet up with someone for my friend to explain the situation, and how he's fed up with this shop owner basically taking advantage of him. The Police went and spoke to his Mother and the shop owner. Things seemed to settle down, or so my friend led me to bel...
Like I've posted in a previous post my advocacy support worker. He now wants to lay down his rules about what time is spent we're in communication and what limits there are - meaning what he can help with (he's explained previously - what the issues are, aren't anything overstepping that: just him n...
Hi there. Just wondering how other carers have dealt with uncooperative officials who give the impression they want to help, then things go down-hill and it ends up being a power struggle when trying to get your views heard and respected?
Hi there. My friend is classed as a vulnerable adult due to head injury from a motor bike accident 1987. He helps me massively with my Mother who suffered severe Strokes, so they have lots in common. He has been helping someone out in a convenience store every now and again over some years now. The ...
Last time I paid was by debit card. Do you think they'd still have records of what the policy entailed? As my Mother sorted all that out before the strokes for me having to deal with things.
Hi there. Embarrassing situation here. I'm a carer for my Mother and juggling lots of things for her. I've realized my Mother's home insurance expired around last September, the paperwork that came through the post got misplaced (just found it the other day) and I haven't renewed it. Am due to phone...
The advocacy services are part of the local Mind mental health charity. I did ask the advocate a while ago who's side he was on, with how his attitude was. He said mine. But all along he's not just played 'devil's advocate' but has dismissed vital issues I need a voice expressing. Very frustrating, ...