You are so right, Margaret - but give yourself a really big pat on the back for being so positive and doing so well. I think I am learning, slowly, that we have to live for the day..... I have been a carer many times, but for my partner - only this year. We have no car as he sold it when his license...
The dust will all still be there when we are gone. The duster only moves it about anyway! But, I do still dust, but only when I see it !!! :huh:
We both had a laugh!

Me: I wish I could shake off all the problems with our situation (it's quite overwhelming

Him: What situation?

Me: Are you kidding, or do you mean it?

Him; I mean it, what situation are we in?

Oh, dear, I had a laugh and he joined in.........
Why cover up? If it's not the job for you, then you are wasting their time and your own time. I have been in your situation more than once - the way ahead, I found, was self employment or free lance work. I have done everything from packing eggs on a farm to delivering flowers, to dinner lady at sch...
Devon Carers are sorting me a Carers Alert card, and asked that question and they want a contingency plan drawn up - when I said there was no one available to call if I fell under a bus, she said she was going on holiday, but this needed some serious thought when she got back !! On a happy note.. I...
I so agree with you Jenny, and you have been such a wonderful support to me.... I wish this had just dropped on us more gradually - it all happened more or less overnight, with his intense life threatening illness at Christmas and we often talk about 'last year' when we did so many things - he more ...
As always, Jenny, the fount of all wisdom on here! He does not see that he has any problems - that is the main problem - he won't go to the acknowledged nursing/care homes for respite or the memory cafe to give me a break. He won't have carers staying in the house ( we couldn't afford them anyway) w...
Does anyone else have this problem? I am looking for dignified respite care for my partner who has 2 types of dementia. He is only at the moderate stage as yet, but also has medical issues. I am his only carer and have no respite,because I cannot find what I am looking for. He cannot be left to loo...
The phone rings.... it's the care agency Our regular carer is on holiday, and they are sending a replacement, but that replacement has gone off sick.... with me so far? So the care agency proudly tell me they have found someone else who can do 'peg feeding' for my partner.....mmmmm.... that is real...
Oh, Good Luck with all that - I would hope your Mum gets a female carer for these intimate tasks.