I have a dippy daughter - she is lovely - she is having a ceiling decorated because they had a leek. My leek is in the fridge, and I am not having my ceiling decorated :?
I think one of the problems is that the present Carers Allowance is means tested and also you have to be a carer for ( I think) 39 hours each week --- I wanted my partners son to claim, but he does not put in the necessary hours or pass the means test - yet he puts in an awful lot of effort into hel...
This is a bit of a rant... but please read on and respond....... My partner is 70 years old and gets a State Pension. He has also just been awarded Attendance Allowance. I am 68 years old and get a State Pension. But I do NOT get Carers Allowance even though I am his full time carer. I feel strongl...
that really made me laugh - thanks for that !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
omg! for a man who was always very precise about table manners, the funniest thing has to be seeing him inspecting his ileostomy bag to see if it needs emptying in a restaurant full of people :roll: :roll: In my eyes this is simply not good table manners.....oh dear the joys of dementia and an ileo...
OMG am I fed up to the back teeth - spent the morning sorting out the swimming activities for my other half - after the caring providers think it is ok to send a man with dementia into a swimming pool and sauna unsupervised whilst the enabler/carer stays outside the building lounging around his car ...
Come on folks, let's have some fun.. Every day has a bit of fun in it somewhere - we only have to look, and sometimes it means looking hard, so let's get the ball rolling... :dry: My other half, the chap with dementia and an ostomy - can't help me work anymore in my job as a genealogist, so he likes...
I am a carer and juggle full time work but who cares for me, Carers assessment waste of time a) have to book annual leave to attend, b) they cannot do anything as managing the daily juggle. I am lucky mum does not need personal care and is bright but has arthritis and registered blind. I saved very...
This isn't Christmas related - but Easter Like Jenny in a way... My son ( well foster son - but I had him from 4 months) died aged 13, and I still have an easter egg of his, and it is 21 years since his death. I am putting this on here because tomorrow would have been his 35th birthday. Hard to eve...
Yes, Bowling Bun - I am fully with you on that - I am 69 this year, and still trying to work as full time as I can, fortunately my health seems to be holding up OK at the moment - but for how much longer I wonder? :?