Thank you xxxx
You are so right Pet, not harsh at all - just right I am so looking forward to a few days away ( I get 3 whole days in my rich brother's lovely house in Bolton). I need to get away from stomas, bags, smell, forgetfulness, dreamy expression on his face, the overwhelming sadness at where he has retre...
I never knew how important having Power of Attorney was until taking it out for the poor ould fella

do it sooner rather than later, that's what I have learnt.......

good luck xxx
This all came about....... Because the poor ould fella was only slightly forgetful, before he went into hospital on 29th Dec last. Three weeks later he was dying They performed emergency surgery to remove the whole of his colon - the extremity of his illness, treatment, and long surgery, and his de...
PERHAPS SOMEONE CAN PUT THIS POST WHERE IT OUGHT TO BE? The poor ould fella is going to see his daughter, in Melton Mowbray. We thought we had it all sorted, and covered all bases. Then this morning our local stoma nurse phoned to say she had been unable to find a stoma nurse in Melton Mowbray who ...
Yes, Jenny, you are right, I know, that is why it is so valuable for me to be able to test my thoughts on here and gain some sort of insight into what is happening to me and the poor ould fella............... I have another post I need to write on a different subject - there is always something isn...
Hi Mary I think good old common sense should apply. You know best what either makes him content, or doesn't distress him. I don't see any sense in introducing some hare brained scheme that may upset the equilibrium. imho, theres far too little common sense applied to caring for dementia or elderly....
Mary One size doesn't fit all with dementia sufferer's. I can definitely see that with the residents at my hubby's nursing home. I sometimes feel I'm not doing enough, but the staff assure me they can see I do my utmost. You are too, from what you have stated. Dementia is a different world to ours....
I am seeing lots of information with regard to Dementia..... where people suffering from this awful disease are encouraged to 'live' through the past. Old cinema films, old family photos, lots of very imaginative schemes to make them involved in the past where they were young and comfortable in the...
What is the best way of supervising the finances of someone who doesn't believe they have a problem..... the poor ould fella has run up his overdraft to the limit, and sees no reason why I should want to supervise his spending ( he can't pay his share of the rent etc) - If I go to his bank with my ...