That's brought back a memory. Hubby was( is?) a very intelligent man. I was at our daughters, and he phoned asking me how to lock the front door. Couldn't believe it. When I arrived home, he had been spraying WD40 on it. Nothing wrong with the door. I told an admiral nurse about it much later, after...
Maybe it should be short and ' sweet' Or......, If you both are unable to arrange a mutual time and place to discuss these issues,as a family, I will have no alternative but to make decisions on my own. I don't know if this will work, or any help to you.My feeling and concern is that you cannot cont...
Could you write a letter or email them, explaining the situation. Keeping a copies? If they do not respond then you have proof they are not interested, can't be bothered,or whatever their issue is. Or, it may open their eyes to the nature of the situation. It is all very tiring and emotional. Thinki...
Five on a leisure island[
More ((( hugs))) Henrietta
So difficult. Xx
Gilly Oh dear, I feel for you. With hubby, it's because we had separate accounts. Nothing to do with trust, it just worked for us in the household. Did you know you can have half an hour's free consultation with a solicitor. I did, and he was very helpful. Just too late for me for power of attorney....
Mary
Yes, a journey to a different place. Maybe,it's not such a bad place for them? It's us, that are being left in this mixed up world. Trying to keep hurt away from them and us,deep down constantly in emotional pain.
That's why, you must make the best of your respite.
I'm sure Mary won't mind! Sadly, I had to go down the court of Protection route for my husband.One week he more or less understood, the next he hadn't the capacity. I don't know how to help, unless you say she can be power of attorney for you? In return. I know it's a fib, but a kind one. Hubby agre...
Mrs A
What a common sense thought!!!
As far as the spell checker changing carer to carrot, wonder how many of us made to feel even more useless than a carrot,or the professionals think we are??
Mary Pleased you have solved the problem. Fingers crossed. This will sound very harsh, but certainly not meant. Respite in my opinion will be the best option next time. It will ease you into the time when a home may be your only option. In all probability it will happen. Do hope you can enjoy your t...