Hi. Have just returned from visit to hubby. He was OK. Is bored because lots in the lounge are at later stage dementia and women. He is middle stage with lots lucid times and some very bizzare times. I didn't stay as long today. It's pouring with rain and my son in law could get me home. He visited ...
Hi Neither do they tell you how to cope with other dementia patients in the hospital nursing home etc. One man insisted I was his wife and became agitated when I was sitting in the lounge of the dementia ward with my hubby. He tried to put his hand on me in an intimate way and I froze! I just wouldn...
Still can't find it. Am sure it was early hours of the morning? Full of the days events about hubby being discharged without medication and the tamazepam not being provided etc. The fact my daughter son in law and myself went to a singer next door with hubby and daughter and myself cried and cried b...
Hello Everyone. I posted an update but it doesn't seem to have reached you? It said post was successful. I can't find it. I won't repeat it yet. Suffice to say the move had its hiccups and I feel bereft. The staff are lovely and It's early days so will have to plod on. Somehow bank holidays make thi...
Hello. Please go to your own doctor. Ask for a double appt. He or she may give you a starting point.ie refer you to a Councillor. Can your children help?. My husband of 48 years had strokes and sudden onset of dementia. I was referred to an admiral nurse who gave me advice etc. Hubby went into a nur...
Pet 66 3/2/1950
Hi. How strange I feel today. The funding for hubby's nursing home has been granted and he's moving in this morning. I should be pleased. Part of me is. The other part is very very sad and scared. This is going to be his home now. He thinks it's a stepping stone to going back to our home. Then says ...
Hi Shewolf Thank-you for your reply.Yesterday hubby was quite confused at the start of my visit.Nothing too bizzare and he did seem to pick up. There had been quite a serious incident at lunchtime and I'm sure it unsettles patients and staff. I happened to mention the new place he may be going to. H...
Hi Jenny. Thank-you for taking time to read my post on forum. Yes it has given me hope that hubby will greet me in a positive way. He usually does, just the odd times when he doesn't. Every one is entititled to a grumpy day! Easy to say when it's not happening. Am waiting for the answer re funding w...
Hello. I do feel your pain honestly. My darling husband of 48yrs has vascular dementia with other complex needs. I have had support from the admiral nurses so please consider contacting them. As I have been advised several times looking after yourself if very important. Easy to advise but hard to do...