So so angry today.The CHC re assessment was made for 2pm. After being messed about. No s/w, no nurse etc etc. So today I turn up for the meeting. Go to see hubby Ist. The stupid woman asked me in front of hubby, in a very loud voice if I have POA. Then proceeds to tell me, more than once that her mo...
Signed
Pet66
I'm very sad to hear that Jeanette. As far as I know, the Fairway day centre has been open for a long time.
If I find details of a petition against closure I will definitely sign.
Take care
Welcome to the forum Melanie Oh yes, that arch enemy, the guilt monster!! We all have/ had dealings with it. You haven't anything to feel guilty about. You sound to me like you are a very caring supportive sister. It's very sad that your brother has that dreadful disease, and now is reliant on alcoh...
Hello Jennifer I feel you have misunderstood? I don't read the advice given to you, as walking away from your dad. Just to look at other options. This is a non judgemental forum, but sometimes it helps to see from outside of the box. You are important too and it seems in need of respite? Hopefully y...
It's such a horrible statement. DUMP, in a care home. The visitors at hubby's, all wish they could look after their loved one at home, as do I. For all of us, it's impossible. I know some don't have visitors, but I don't know the circumstances as to why. Not for anyone to judge. I do know as Ive sai...
I feel like I'm going through another grieving process. Hubbys short term memory is getting shorter, bits of bizzare behaviour happening again, like asking me to "put this away", but actually there's nothing in his hand. Still has conversations with me, but stumbled on some things,. Very quiet the l...
Hello David How devoted you seem. I was married at 18, my husband 23, and I was a mother at 19. A good mother too, if I say it myself. Baby was born 10weeks early! Hubby and I got through that, and many many ups and downs that life throws at people. I'm still devoted to him. So here we are, nearly 5...
Hello June My husband is in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia. It is extremely hard but honestly, BB is correct.Needs not wants have to take priority. I suggest you contact the Alzheimer's society. They can advice on all sorts of dementia, and how to try to cope. You are import...
Well done to your son!! Lovely to hear some positive news.