Hi Sally Somewhere in your earlier posts you mentioned a light bulb moment where you realised you are not responsible for your parents happiness, nor, I would add, are you responsible for them getting such dreadful illnesses. Maybe you need to take the lightbulb with you tomorrow? :idea: ;) (((HUGS)...
Hi Lynn Have you tried getting your Carers Assessment updated, and hubbys needs assessment updated too? You may need to be persistent and assertive and be clear what you are asking for. If you don't ask you'll never know, and the meek and mild get nowt these days Good luck, you deserve a break Kr MrsA
Could you not write (or type) a letter for Nan to sign that you then send to the utilities?
Hi Faye It's just stress and sadness bursting out, probably because you've been keeping them penned inside. It good you can come here to express and vent, but better still would be some one to one talking support, either amateur through friends or professional in the form of counselling. If Dad is t...
Hi Hayley and welcome I think the tiredness is your bodies way of telling you that the adrenalin that kicked at the shock of diagnosis has finally ebbed away. This is perfectly natural, none of us can run on adrenalin all the time.. I can well understand your desire to make his life full and excitin...
Hello Amanda and welcome We've recently had an 'upgrade' to the forum and one of the many gremlins means that photos and attachments aren't working so I can't see your wedding photo, sadly. I was so sorry to read your story. In the doctors this morning there was a sign saying "if you look after some...
My own throat feels like it's closing up.
Mine has a lump in it too Pet :( sending (((hugs))) xxx
Chocs I think they always say no the first time on the basis that most people don't have the time or energy to fight further. Go to stage 2 of the complaints process adding the lack of investigation to your original You don't strike me as someone who would crumble at the first hurdle (motivation eno...
Dad's biggest complaint- he never sees me, I'm never there, I never talk to him, I'm always too busy for him
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It must be the housework fairy that does all the rest then
Hi Phil Any change of scene is not good as dementia advances and if you found it difficult last year it will probably be 10 times harder this year. The only suggestion I have is to contact local taxi company and ask what they would charge. Long distance rates are better value than short. It may be t...