The Sound of the Baskervilles
A View to a Hill
Hi Amanda His attitude certainly seems selfish, particularly the comment that you should suffer if he does. I'm amazed you've stood it so long. No wonder you are stressed and anxious. Personally I think you could look into counselling. I'm currently doing online CBT self referred as my nhs area offe...
Henrietta
I don't know, but do think a call to your local hospice may provide some answers and some support. Of course there's always the GP too
Xx
MrsA
Hi Donna One of our members who is in holiday at the moment, would promptly diagnose you with Clapped Out Carers Syndrome and prescribe a break from caring, some regular respite and some counselling to help you cope. Do you get breaks at all? It might be time to start considering becoming more of hi...
So sorry to hear this Henrietta. If his symptoms are confusing you, they would confuse anyone. You know more than most, and care more than most. Maybe he's just feeling a bit under the weather. Its really ffrustrating when they cant express whats wrong, isnt it?
((Hugs)))

MrsA
Hi Katie You mentioned in your first post that he had got caught up in a gang. I wouldn't be surprised if they had threatened and bullied him into taking the money. Take extra care and don't keep large sums of cash or bank cards where they can be found. He's probably too frightened to tell you and n...
Carers Allowance are looking for stories around benefits and care being cut
http://careandsupportalliance.com/share ... re-system/
Hey all I'm reading this and thinking that NHS and SS should introduce the brand new concept of 'Person Centred Carer' where one named person knows all the medical, personal, financial, emotional, physical, social and family needs of the patient. Of course that person will be the acknowledged expert...
Hi Mary I think good old common sense should apply. You know best what either makes him content, or doesn't distress him. I don't see any sense in introducing some hare brained scheme that may upset the equilibrium. imho, theres far too little common sense applied to caring for dementia or elderly. ...
Hi Daren There's no right or wrong answer. Each individual situation is different. I suugest you search the forum and youll quickly see how many times its been discussed. Basically you need to consider: Finances , not just short term but long term and pensions Social, Isolation Very difficult if not...