Yes Clare, I think you did the right thing. Your daughter is 21 and has to learn to take responsibility for her own life and actions, however hard that is or however long it takes. You are right to support but not enable. I know how hard that is to do when every fibre of your being screams out to mo...
Pet, I love how through all this terrible time with hubbys illness, that your own strength, determination and love has just grown and grown. You have become one remarkable lady xx
MrsA
I'm finding free online counselling (known as cbt) quite useful. It's offered on a self referral basis by nhs. Just Google nhs counselling or mental health and your area. There's often a choice of providers and there maybe telephone or face to face sessions offered, depending on need.
Kr
MrsA
Hi Helen
All of what you've been advised us right, but you must, must get Mums foot checked asap. Foot problems and diabetes can lead to amputation and no matter what else your Mum doesn't want, I'm sure she doesnt want to lose a foot or leg
Kr
MrsA
They quote free travel as being available for 60 year olds. WRONG. In a lot of areas its linked to state retirement age which for many is now 67+ If their research is based on incorrect facts or assumptions, I can't really put much belief the rest of their findings either :( P.S. I did misread the h...
David It is virtually impossible for one human being to care for another 24/7 year in year out. Your fiance is going to need to accept outside in some form or another, as are you, especially when the baby arrives. Given her history of poor mental health it is very likely the the medical and social s...
Well done! It's so nice to have some good news
Hi Henrietta I can understand your anger. I know you are deep back into caring at the moment but do think you need to raise a formal complaint when you get a precious few minutes, not just because it's galling to you personally but because it is medically wrong. Dad was admitted because he was unrou...
Tony, because of your Disabled brothers financial situation NO ONE should have been asked for a top up and NO ONE should pay it. Not you, not your DB nor your siblings. Both the SS and the Home were wrong to suggest it in the first place. They are taking advantage of your good nature, as are your me...
Hi Wayne I'm sorry it's got to such a point. I myself have no knowledge of Parkinson's but think the people here may be able to help or understand https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/caring-someone-advanced-parkinsons Meanwhile letting vent of frustrationshere is good , better than...