Hi Msmith, Welcome back. Your poor Mum does sound depressed and like she has given up on life and your father is burying his head in the sand and opting out. It's very hard when relatives refuse to engage with outside help. It's too much for you and your sisters to do alone and juggle work. My caree...
Paul, it sounds like it was your mother's time. I'm glad you are able to focus on happy times you shared together.

There is a condolences thread for Paul here https://www.carersuk.org/forum/social-a ... 1707-30795

Melly1
Hi Wayne, She means for your daughter, though I expect she is a little too young for the groups at the moment. If you google " Groups for young Carers," you will see what's available. The groups are run by various charities and meet to allow the children to have fun and a chance to talk about the im...
Oh Henrietta, I think anyone's halo would have well and truly slipped by now.

Sending (((( hugs)))) and I really hope you get a decent sleep tonight and your Dad's frame of mind improves.

Melly1
I think that an alcohol basis for this is still pretty high up on my list of posssibilities. As is maybe a vascular dementia (she's had TIA in the past, and a carotid endarterectomy. I did notice yesterday that her movement is really odd, and getting worse. Kind of very uncoordinated (which it wasn...
Wayne, Does your wife claim PIP? It's time to get support. Ask Social services to give your wife a Needs assessment https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/practical-support/getting-care-and-support/needs-assessmen to see what help she is entitled to and request a Carers assessment for yourself to ...
If that happens again and she is found on the floor, call the paramedics to help her up and check her over and whilst they are there start a conversation about what she isn't wearing her emergency pendant ... The paramedics will then be able to back you up, in telling her it's important that she doe...
Hi Wayne, Welcome to the forum. I think a lot of parents who aren't in a caring situation are feeling pretty crazy now and clinging on to the fact that the school holidays are nearly over and routine will be rrstored. Did your daughter do any playschemes over the hols? If not, that's something to in...
Hi Ailsa, Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your partner's strokes and the life changes this has meant for all of you. Others have given you some great advice. The only thing I have to add, is a suggestion re supervising your partner at night. Staying up late, to ensure some "me" time I ...
Hi Rachel Welcome to the forum. It sounds like your lives have suddenly got very complicated. UTI 's often do cause the elderly to get very confused, but if the urine samples keep coming back negative, then as you say, that can't be the reason your mum has deteriorated so quickly. Do you have your o...