i can cope with her if i can have a break....why can't SS do the right thing and help me enjoy the time i have let with my mum...... so because of the inaction ....I'm being forced to put mother in a home ... I'm now trying to get hold of Dave Hill , the executive in charge of Adult social services ...
if it's wasn't for my dog (Rascal) I would have seriously considered calling it a day now that my mum does not know my true identically. i have no life any-more, i 'm prisoner... Your role as a carer is so belittled and unvalued... my thoughts are with you all , this country is a disgrace the way it...
thank you for your kind comments and info... I admit that one day i will have to let mum go however at the moment it 's manageable as long as I get a break on a weekly basis.... Now a txt today from the Dementia Crisis Team... "hi Robin , it's Frances from the dementia team here. i wondered if it wo...
I think respite for my mum will be the excuse for her to give up, why you asked ? well she thinks i 'm her husband , nothing changes that...she begs to hold my hand and is crying a lot , I comfort her as much as I can , all i need is a regular break from her so i can simply jump on my bike and ride ...
thank you for the wonderful advice but their inaction is having a massive impact on my health, from asthma to drinking alcohol to cope, i have stressed this... today i had a doctors appointment however my mum was refusing to get out of bed ,she was seeing things and imagine that children would be le...
Mum's house is rented and she has no assets now...
I have always argued that it's cheaper to keep mum at home ....I have lost all faith in the system, it simply doesn't care about me or my mother come to that,,,, From GP's to so called support services....costing us money but providing a service that wants to dictate, for example when I realised tha...
Right , thank you :)
hi everyone,,,i'm a carer for my mum who is 87 years of age, she had advanced dementia sadly but she can still use her mobility scooter with guidance... I'm really been struggling with her for the last month since her funding has run out, the funding in question gave me two days of four hours break....