Diane - I couldn't just 'read and run'. What an awful time you're having, even your poor dog.

I can't really offer any suggestions but I'm sure others will be able to. I do hope the next doctor can do something useful.

((((Hugs))))
Hi Emma My son has been on Olanzapine and Quetiapine and latterly on injections of Zuclopenthixol. His illness was well controlled with Clozapine, indeed it is considered the 'gold standard' of medication. He could not tolerate the side effects but many people manage to take it, sometimes in conjunc...
Jenny I understand where you're coming from as I've been tempted to do this myself but this is a bad idea on so many counts. It is indeed illegal - you can only treat someone against their will if they are under a section order. There is a risk that the pills may interact in some hitherto unsuspecte...
Hi Carol I'm afraid I know little about autism, but some of what you describe resonates with me. My older son, diagnosed with schizophrenia, wrote all over the walls of his flat, and my younger son still has periods of accumulating rubbish in his room till there is more rubbish than carpet. I don't ...
Hi Nicky Firstly, well done to your son for getting his degree. I can identify with a lot of what you say. My son has a long history of starting jobs and courses, only to founder when he gets stressed out. I believe he has had an undercurrent of psychosis for most of his life, from even before he wa...
Hi Lily, and welcome from me too (a belated welcome :( - been having difficulty posting) My son has schizophrenia and we have had our ups and downs over the years. He was diagnosed at 17 and is now 36. He has tried a range of medications with varying success and now receives monthly injections. Sadl...
Gosh, Nicky, I could have written your post myself :) My son started on Olanzapine and was a zombie for several years. Despite that he did manage to get an 'AS' level. He subsequently went through the whole gamut of antipsychotics, then spent some years refusing everything. Now, after being sectione...
Hi Nicky, and a warm welcome to the forum I really empathise with your situation. My son with schizophrenia is a grown man now and has had ups and downs for years; at the moment we are are definitely in a down. He is constantly seeking attention and seems to disregard other people's feelings, and ca...
Albert, this is a very interesting link, thankyou. For years mum said I mumbled, then I met someone more clued up about deafness who explained that my somewhat high-pitched voice was more difficult for her to hear than, say, my son's voice. But don't get me started on all the hearing aids and earpho...
Hi bowling bun This is not something I've ever used myself. Googling around it seems that Voice Recognition programs didn't really take off because of a lack of accuracy. You can get something for as little as £80. (Hm, perhaps not so 'little' :shock: ). I'm assuming you want it as an adjunct to typ...