Thank you, everyone. I have downloaded the fact sheet, thank you, Chris, and I will read that and go through all of this again on Friday and reply once more. Tomorrow I visit mum and then I am grandma in the afternoon which is my greatest pleasure.
Take care
Tracy
I told you I had no idea what I'm doing, or saying. In fact I have no idea period. I know she will have to pay, and if I could pay the money back she would still have to pay, I also know that any additional care she needs in the future will be our responsibility because I messed up. I see little poi...
I have a problem which seems to be escalating out of control. I have to admit to being a bit of a head in the sand person but know I need to assert myself now. This might be quite long but there is a question at the end of it. In May I made enquiries about funding for my mum as she was getting near ...
Hi Til I would suggest, in the interim before other things are arranged, that you get a commode and a touch sensitive light for your nan's room. When my mum takes to her bed I move the commode closer to her so she can almost fall into position! The bedside light we got her has three touch settings s...
I think I'm going to have to be far more forceful than I would like. You say about me having less say in mum's care and while I acknowledge that I will still have my power of attorney won't I?
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them.
Take care
Tracy
I have decided, after 4 1/2 years of caring for mum that she has to go into a care home. She has been there for both long and short term respite and they love her. (When I phoned today the manager cheered and whooped!) She has a room booked from 1st July, she is going on holiday with my sister for 1...
Hi Bridget, Does your mum get attendance allowance? If not you won't be able to claim carers allowance. My husband's salary has never been taken into account but I wasn't working before I became a carer so can't help with that, sorry. If you Google attendance allowance the gov.uk site should help yo...
Ladies, thank you. This morning she is up and at 'em or as up and at 'em as she gets! I hate to think of her being frightened in what is her own home. She has been here almost five years. I will look at diazapam but we have had problems with medication in the past. Anti depressants turned her into a...
Thank you, Henri estate, off to look now.
Tracy

Henri estate? For goodness sake!
Forgive me if this is a little confused but it's been that type of day! My mum, who is 89 and has vascular dementia, went to her regular daycare centre yesterday and seemed to have had an ok time. She always moans about it when she gets home but the photos on Facebook showed her joining in with the ...