Hi Angie and welcome. I'm fairly new to the forum myself and have found some very friendly and supportive people here.
As far as I know, the severe disability premium is only paid to people on PIP care and live alone. If you live with your partner, you won't be eligible for it. Your partner could claim Carers Allowance for looking after you, but he would have to give up claiming JSA as you can't have both at the sam...
I've had direct experience of trying to use safeguarding procedures in my job, as I'm a support worker with the elderly and I've found it a frustrating waste of time. Social Services in my area (and probably most others) are so over-stretched that they will happily do the bare minimum and pass the b...
You could probably put in a claim for Personal Independence Payment in your own right, as that is not means tested and is granted purely on the effect your health problems have on you without it affecting your Carers Allowance. I'd ring the Carers UK helpline just to talk through whether your health...
Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. I'm glad the CPAP machine is working for you, my husband has one but hasn't used it for a while as he had a serious choking fit one night while wearing it and thought he was going to die. It really scared him and he can't drop off to sleep with it on anymore. He's had...
Thanks for your words of support - it really helps to know there are kind, understanding people out there! I never thought of contacting Shelter for housing advice and will try and do that today, as I'm sure that if we could move away from our current living situation we would both feel better. I di...
Hi, I've just joined the forum as I haven't really anyone to talk to in real life. I'm caring for my husband who has multiple health problems and I've got to the stage where I'm really struggling. He's had health problems for a long time but over the years they've gradually got worse and as he's gon...