Roop, I know that "forgotten how to be me" feeling so well. You are now older, and wiser, and have been through all sorts of experiences, some of you is just the same, some of you is very different. So you will never be the "old" me, and need to discover the "new" me. I'd recommend a book called "S...
Thank you everyone for your kindness and love. I'm appreciate them very much. I can't explain this inability to be myself. Some reserve (emotional maybe?) that I've come to depend on is easily depleted. After that I simply can't function. Being easy on myself is easier said than done. I simply don't...
Hi everyone. My father passed away after being taken ill suddenly in the early hours of 5th December. I looked after him for 6 years, 5 of those 24/7. I'm only now just able to inform you. On the first 'free' Saturday after my dad's passing, I sat on the sofa by his chair all day - like I used to fo...
Pet66 wrote:Hello. I've just had a mooch on web for you. Soak and sleep have a neck support pillow that seems a reasonable price. No idea if its what you need but maybe have a look. Really hope you find something suitable.
Best wishes xx
Thank you :)
Dad has a form of Parkinsons and his head is tilted forwards. I'm trying to find a pillow for bedtime that can support his head properly so he doesn't get neck pain. Any suggestions?
Simon_1501 wrote:Joined and shared :D
Thanks Simon_1501 :)
Hi Have you considered the House of Lords and Local Authority councillors? I have 'liked' the facebook page and will share it as much as I can Jaqui Thanks Jacqui for your support. I did write to someone at the House of Lords but not heard back - will keep trying. Hadn't thought about local council...
I've started a new campaign on Facebook for compassion to be in politics. As part of this, I'm trying to raise awareness of carers too (being one myself). I am writing to MPs but who else? Do you know who else to approach? https://www.facebook.com/compassioninpolitics/ Your support is appreciated! F...
Hello Roop, I had quite the same problem also. I needed somebody to take care of my parents so I can work. While googling around I stumbled on this website called http://www.liveincarejobs.co.uk and they were helpful when it came to hire a carer. I don't have to worry about my parents now and I tho...
bowlingbun wrote:Is dad self funding, or will this be funded by SSD Direct Payments?
Self funding.