Nowadays, it's not a question of frittering money away, there's no way I can afford a house and I won't inherit one. It's worse for people younger than me. I get BB's point about double taxation, but in the absence of increasing (or even collecting!) corporation tax revenue, I'm not sure what can be...
Hi, I think your mum needs a mental health assessment, she seems quite paranoid. You can organise this through her GP. Your mum probably won't cooperate, so explain this to GP and give as much info as you can about her thinking patterns and behaviours. The other thing to consider is a possible delir...
As I watched this disastrous policy unfold it struck me that when I return to the workforce, I will not be able to afford a house, nor be able to inherit one because my mother doesn't own one. Why should my tax pay towards the care of people who can afford to pay for it, just so their adult children...
Dear Sarah, I'm not surprised you're exhausted, you seem to be caught in an exhausting situation. I won't comment too much on your mum's mental health problems, but you seem to be describing some manipulative behaviours on her part. It's very telling that you spend so much time with her with no real...
most local authorities have a fund called the carers' support fund, which is not something that they publicise well, but exists to support carers in their caring role. The powers that be don't want you to use it to buy things like washing machines, but they like you to use it to buy in services such...
I think Ive done the ESA50 but Im not sure-done so many similar forms regarding ability or disability. Is your relative at all able to get to a citizen's advice bureau as they can help with these? If not, I wonder if this info from their website is of help https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/...
Hi Donna,

I think you can apply to your local social services to their carers' support fund for things like driving lessons. Give them a ring and enquire. It may not pay for all the driving lessons you need plus cost of tests etc, but you could get a couple of hundred pounds towards it.
Thanks, I am submitting evidence separately as the surveys assumes you only care for one person.
And there are a few spelling/grammar errors!
I'm glad your mum is feeling a bit better now Christina, from what you've described, she seemed delirious from the UTI, and still trying to recover from it. If she doesnt take her antibiotics and gets confused/stubborn again then I'd bypass the GP and ring an ambulance.
Hi folks, and Hi Andrew. I can kind of see Jenny's point, and it is well-intentioned, but I thought I'd add my experience of mam's cancer. Mum has thankfully survived it, but she's in limbo as her cancer can be treated but not cured. Mam is in remission still at four years, the expectation with her ...