27th March
<t>I know how you feel. I too have Crohn's and I'm a carer for my mother. I also gave up work 18 months ago to care for her. It was fine at first but over the last few months her health has deteriorated quite rapidly and I'm now at a very low point health wise. I've contacted social services and the...
<t>Thanks everyone for the advice given. I must point out though that I am not being bullied. I would not put up with being bullied by my mother or anybody else. As my mum and dad were older when they had me I am still quite young (45) and would not tolerate her bullying me. I think mum's problem is...
<t>Hi Angel and welcome, I too only joined the forum a few days ago. I know how you feel. I look after my mum. Not in my home in her elderly persons bungalow. Even though I like you could jump in my car and drive far away some days. I too feel guilty having these thoughts. Reading responses on this ...
<t>Hi thanks everyone for welcoming me to the forum. I am feeling low at the moment. I feel like my mum(who I've been caring for for 18 months) is stifling me. She resents me having time to myself. She gets nasty and throws out I should be with her that I'm her carer. Yesterday I walked out just for...
Hi Angela welcome to the forum, I'm new too and look after my 82 year old mum. I know first hand how difficult this can be
<t>Thanks for those words. I have noticed that a lot of carers on here have their elderly relative living with them and that makes me feel guilty also. I really don't think I could move mum in here she couldn't even come for Christmas this year as she can't manage my house anymore so we took Christm...
<t>Hi I'm new to the forum and I left my job as a teaching assistant in July 2012 to care for my mum who is 82. She lives in an elderly persons bungalow and when I first left work to take up caring for her her needs were those of an elderly person. Washing, dressing help with shopping and doing her ...