Kinky. If its not kinky work im not doing it
Thanks bowling bun. I dud kind of want to sock her one, even more so when she asked if i gad a social worker! I doubtbanyborevious ones woukd talk to me again😆 Does dad have the right to choose how he is moved about even if it coukd be to his detriment? It has been suggested to me that as he has sai...
Hi all, I use a stand aid hoist to move/transfer dad. Although he has a 3/4 fracture he is able to stand in it and hold the handles. I accept that at times it is not perfect. I have been 'forced' to have dad re-assessed. The OT who came wanted to put in a ceiling hoist. I have refused as the ceiling...
Hi all, i was a member here a couple of years ago and let things slip. I live away from my marital home to live with my dad as his sole carer 24/7. Dad has a page long list of health issues. Dad is not mobile and i use a stand aid hoist to transfer/ reposition etc. Life is hard as you all know. My h...
I think that's quite a good idea Jenny. Certainly i have just been through some harrassing hoops which may be of use to another person somewhere down the line, even if it only ends up being a guide as to where to go to find the answers you need. That has certainly been a problem for me recently. I w...
Hi, I too am guilty of never looking at it. I have tried ringing the help line on numerous occasions but have never managed to speak to any one. Sometimes the voice message has been in-audible. I just looked at 'returning to work and carers allowance' (another newbie)!!! I have to admit that there w...
Hi all, Just an update as I said I would. Dad is coming out of re-hab next week. I have an English mature male self employed carer ready to move in with dad. He is working for £450/week plus his food/accommodation etc. I am really pleased. He works 3 weeks on and 1 off. Needless to say, I now have t...
Hi Jenny, Thanks for that. I think dad is a long way off a catheter yet. A friend suggested trying the other thing - i can't remember what it's called but it goes over like a condom rather than being inserted. Can't see dad tolerating that either. He is ok at night in his jimjams, he is able to use ...
Hi ya, I do know what you mean about not caring what they think any more. During dads 'discharge' meeting. The psychiatric nurse sat there and just went 100% down the route of dad going into a nursing home because HE thought it would be best for dads mental health. In the end I was feeling so angry ...
Hi Jenny, Thanks for your comments. It is really difficult. I have thought about the patching together option and have tried to work something out. It doesn't work for us. I would need carers 4 times a day for toiletting etc which is already dearer than live in and would then have to pay the people ...