Greta

I did not realise that about your legs. I still think it's sane not to want to be strawberry jam... like falling?

But I was staggered by how tall those marigolds grew.

I should add two more photos, and then delete them, but I won't.
You saved a frog… brilliant. I must remember that plastic bag/flush toilet technique if ever I find one in my bog. It’s got to be better than buckets. I remember having a lecture from some scientist about how our area was one of the few that had natterjack toads in the swamp area and we must preserv...
Hi Jenny I have no intention of explaining “Abhorred wombs” to my niece. I googled that; it all seems to center around ‘Oh Come all you Faithful.’ That was the hymn/carol I was booted out of the school choir from. My hearing has never been good, and we had to sing things in Latin. But we were never ...
Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: My fave is from my niece. She was seven and already knew the basics of sex education and where babies come from, etc, and took it all in her stride. Maybe that’s because the only education system she’d known till then was a German influenced one, and they’re big on sex ed...
Victoria If you're only source of income is Carers Allowance then you should be able to claim an Income support top-up to JSA rates, approx £12 per week extra. However, if the same happens in NI as in England, once you've got the IS top-up this automatically qualifies you for the Carers Premium (app...
Mrs Average I am indeed doing some more. My next one will be a doddle; a mere 6.5KM memory walk in aid of dementia awareness for the Alzheimer’s Society. Needless to say I’m dedicating my shirt pin-on sheet to mum. The walk sounds amazing. It takes place early Sept in a country park, in Liverpool???...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSav51fVlKU Talk about a chalk & cheese comparison :roll: But why not? Considering our base lines, my achievement is as good as theirs in my book. I chose this still coz it looks like I’m the front runner of an actual race… show off that I am. The truth is that in the...
The final obstacle, the mud slide. Normally there were 6 women on the slide at a time. I look like Billy-no-mates here. But that’s because I was a lone runner, and several lines behind me were all teams. Not unnaturally they wanted to go down together holding hands, so I was allowed to go up on my o...
I’ve finally done it; I’ve worked out how to take stills from videos. As ever, it didn’t half take some faffing around, and hair tearing frustration. But I got there in the end, and on my lonesome too. My poor nephew was spared his analogue aunty having to call him in. Dad obviously couldn’t speed m...
Considering that my dad was born in 1934, then no. But I think maybe his dad was? After my Fun Run, dad went all around the houses, well I did really. Dad: That's where the pens where. He then described to me how dockers (his dad)had to be in these things and be picked out. If you didn't know the ma...