Eucalyptus oil is another to add to the Olbas and Vicks list. All available over the counter at the chemist's.
KR
E.
Hi David, I know how you feel. Been there, bought the biscuits! First of all you, yourself, have to accept that Mum is never going home again. This isn't because you have done anything 'wrong' but because she cannot possibly manage any longer. Secondly accept that Mum is never going to be 'herself' ...
Hi Denise My mum 'lost' her engagement ring, her ruby 40th wedding anniversary ring, a gold cross and chain and other favourite jewellery. Never found. We had a lot of carers in and out but as neither Mum nor I could remember when she last wore the items of where she she'd put them it was difficult....
Hi Trigpoint and welcome A family member, just a couple of years younger, has MS and sounds like the same sort of thing, painful pins and needle, migranes etc. The diagnosis was about 20 years ago and they still hold down a full time job and enjoy a pretty normal life with some limitations. One thin...
Hi Donna and Welcome, There are carers for all ages, many different problems and a very varied experience on here. I haven't been in your situation as my care experience is with a very elderly Mum and I am now an ex carer. So apart from 'Hello' I can't help, but there will be others along soon who u...
Hi Susan, What an awful situation. The most awful thing about it is that is going to get worse and worse and worse. There's no magic wand, no way back, no miracle for any of them. The other awful thing is that these three people are puting the weight of the practical and emotional fall out of their ...
Hi Robert and welcome. I know you have to be caring for 35 hrs a week in order to claim, but having never claimed myself (too old) I'm fairly ignorant. However there's lots of info if you click on the red 'Help amd Advice' button at the top of the page and the help line (phone or e-mail) are the exp...
Not me, just feel like it!
Ex carer, but don't think I could cope now. You are prettty wonderful Albert. Maybe you are the patriach of the forum!
X
E.
You'll have to check the small print Vincent. The Care Company I had were happy to take a fortnight's notice for planned absences and didn't charge for hospital admittance or respite weeks. If you have given reasonable notice so that they have plenty of time to reschedule that particular carer or sh...
Hi Desiree If your parents are actually beginning to consider 'Carers' then that is a positive because so many people, especially the 'man of the house' kind won't even allow a 'stranger' in the house. If the situation was a good as it could get at the moment the following should have happened /be h...