Another general question for anyone.

Who is most important ....the refuse collector or the brain surgeon?

(Don't worry I won't be marking answers!!!! Prob won't be around for awhile anyway)
HI Mrs A :D If you (or anyone) want to understand more about "capacity" check out the Mental Capacity Act. It explains who, why and how's and just everything you might ever need to know. It is deffo NOT a "blanket" decision/result like passing exams. And it certainly applies to more areas than cases...
OKay Rosemary ;) xx Free choice is all very well. I don't condemn anyone for choosing suicide, I have no religious or moral convictions against it per se. BUT how long before it will be EXPECTED of us to end our own lives? And in what circumstances? Dementias are not the ONLY scary terminal illness....
Only one chance to appeal, it seems. For information ...the Citizens Advice Bureaux are very knowledgable and helpful and in some cases, in my area, will also attend an appeal with the claimant.
Happen to be attending one tomoz!
Henrietta and those other few who are genuinely interested in the future of social care funding. If you have time, check out the all party Dilnot Report which was full of recommendations which were never fulfilled. Lots of current ideas are related to Dilnot ......many parts diluted etc etc. Nobody ...
Hello Inny. I understand your concern. Just want to remind you that these issues are very common......and whilst changes may take time to adjust most good care homes have the experience to gently ease the changes our carees need. Think about it. Without wishing to be rude or crude..... I still get a...
PS locking doors (apologies to Albert BUT) .....pleased that one didn't get past the post. legal implications...vulnerable adult, one would risk being accused of abuse.
HEllo Ellen. Pleased to see your concern for your Uncle the primary carer and pleased too that you have been steered in the right direction. Just wanted to add that maybe your family could benefit from some more information specific to dementia. THe Alzheimer's website is good for information on all...
My goodness is That the time??? ! Good night.
Sorry you are struggling with this. Best Interest meetings are focused on the patient/client.....just like it says on the box! In the case of you and the NHS and/or the Local Authority Adult Social Care being unable to agree I believe the Court of Protection has the power to make decisions in her Be...