I quite like biographies/auto biogs, sports personalities - anything really. I've just finished reading 'Spectacles' by Sue Perkins. Absolutely brilliant. There was one bit where she was in a convent school, and being a bit cheeky, flipped a bit of potato off her fork on to the floor. Along comes a ...
I enjoy reading - I also find gardening therapeutic. That weed is difficult to come out - need to rid my frustration/anger etc and with a tug, out it comes! Job done.

I also try and go for a short walk - preferably away from other people.

V
Scally, I'm a West Ham supporter. Have been since '66 - Bobby Moore was my hero. Still follow the Hammers for my sins! My Mum is a Brentford supporter - born and bought up there. She always reminds me of the time when my Granddad (her dad) came to visit. My dad took him to watch Brentford playing Al...
Just thought I would let you know how I got on. Signed up and have found a load of friends! A number of people that I knew when I used to work in Farnborough - family & friends of my late boss. We've had many chats since. Also am in touch with family members, particularly my niece & nephew. The latt...
Sorry everyone, didn't mean to offend.

Viv
Since I've been home full-time, I have got to see the local natives a lot. Most of them are friendly, and I've struck up good friendships, particularly as they have known Mum. However there are the oinks who look at you as though you are asking them to explain Einsteins theory of relativity! One blo...
Matthew, Hi & welcome to the Forum. Don't worry about crying - we've all done it and it's human. Life probably seems B awful at the moment but it will get better, slowly. Please please don't go through this on your own. Here on the Forum we are here for you, to listen, support, advise and even (((((...
This sounds a bit 'weird' to me. Since when does a public organisation have to resort to 'text' messages to obtain information?

Might be worth ringing them to see what is what.
Thanks for all the information about Facebook. My eldest sister had suggested that I signed up because many family members, including her kids, and it would be a good way to keep in touch. I had, like many people, had my reservations about getting on to FB because of security/press issues but I will...
Hi Eileen and Welcome, Feel free to 'garble' - we all do it! The life of a carer is a varied one and nothing (no courses, exams or otherwise) can prepare you for it, but we all have ways of coping. I find the Forum is helpful and warm. No one judges you - we are hear to listen/read/maybe advise but ...