Hiya, Technically most equipment can be used by 1 person. However, care agencies for health and safety reasons put 2 carers in to visits that use moving and handling equipment. Certainly this is the case in West of Scotland - I know because I have worked for care agencies. I have only seen a hoist u...
5 minutes chewbaca poem challenge on my lunch break: Chewbaca is big Chewbaca is hairy He's just a big softy Although he looks scary. He's friends with Han Solo And Obe Wan too Who else does he know? I'll give you a clue. He's green With big ears And speaks back to front Advice he will give Whether ...
I do. I write silly poetry. I found it worked well so I introduced it to the clients I work with as a distraction technique. My husband every so often sets me a challenge. ..gives me a topic and 5 minutes to come up with a poem. A recent topic of his choice was chewbaca from star wars :)
Thanks for that, I feel for you too when you've witnessed first hand an enabler not doing their job and putting your other half's safety at risk. I'd be fuming. Unfortunately amongst the ones making mistakes is the lead nurse for the entire area. The care agency don't really give two hoots...every y...
In the last 3-4 years I'd need more than both hands and both feet to count how many times my husband has ended up on bedrest because of the incompetence or stupidity of those paid to care for him when I'm at work ie carers and District nurses. Hubby has a C5 complete spinal injury, with very little ...