If he is not there, then he isn't a QUALIFIED social worker. LA's are trying to save money by substituting some qualified SW's with unqualified staff. This is a really good thing to have discovered. Talk to the LA Complaints Office at the HQ, not local staff!
Sarah, having read through your posts, I see that you have Health and Welfare Power of Attorney. It is time for you to use this. Send a copy to mum's GP, explain what is happening in a letter, and then make an appointment to see the GP, with your sister, and have a "full and frank exchange of views"...
Good point Jenny. In fact if she refuses, in a way it demonstrates even more the need for it, to see exactly what is happening inside her head. I do not say that flippantly.
Your life matters too!! You have been brow beaten for so many years that you may never have been allowed to think this before, but it's true. You are not a little girl any more, but a grown woman who can do what she likes! You have done enough for mum, at the expense of your own life, for far too lo...
No Diane, you will NOT loose this battle. Neither mother nor the hospital have any power over you. They must ensure that it is a SAFE DISCHARGE. Have you talked to the PALS Department? There are a number of people here who have had relatives with supposed "delirium" and I don't ever remember it clea...
Prresumably in dealing with the broken hip mum had a general anaesthetic?
That may well have contributed to her problems. I don't know why, but I do know of two people, the mother of a friend, and my mum's cousin's wife, that their mental state declined rapidly following the GA.
Sarah, you say mum was hospitalised earlier this year for a month. Can I ask why? Has her general mental state deteriorated significantly since then?
Welcome to the forum. When was it said that mum had "early" dementia? It sounds far worse than that! So I would suggest that she needs to have a review. The effect of alcohol on someone with dementia crops up regularly here. You are not alone. Does she accept that she has any problem at all? I would...
What benefits are you currently claiming for hin? Are you his DWP appointee?
Ask Social Services to do a Needs Assessment for mum and a Carers Assessment for you. Once they know what care mum needs, and how much time you want alternative care for, they should be able to help. Does mum have a Lifeline?