Err yes I do look after my arthritic and Alzheimer / Delusional Mum and am often kept awake half the night by her. Obviously I'm not paid for this. During the day while Dad (who is stone deaf and recovering from cancer) looks after Mum, I go out and earn a living as a support worker. So, as I said, ...
In short answer to one of your questions - I am from the inside and outside and looking in and out from many angles. Let me explain: I look after my 75 year old Mum who has Alzheimers (getting to be later stages). She is also arthritic in both knees and her mobility is now decreasing on a monthly ba...
Some of our main points are: For paid Carers: 1) Set up and establish a national network of self employed carers. They would be fully trained and insured. They'd get paid a minimum of £10 per hour. The cost to the taxpayer of this increase would be offset by a) Bypassing nursing agencies,b) better s...
We know what it's like to struggle as an unpaid or paid Carer. We have written a book called "Who Cares? We Do." Our aim is to gain access to those in power and really make a difference. Great strides have already been made in achieving this. The book is a mixture of honesty, engagement, humour and ...