Out of interest, I spoke with the council finance people today. They basically said that Social Services don't care about the money side of things and so long as the weekly care cost is less that £450 per week they will continue to act without regard to the cost. Even after that they are likely to c...
Thanks, really helpful - this is exactly the position. Dad is renting a council flat, there are carers on site who provide some care but he also has a Carewatch carer mornings and evenings. Everything is fine and stable until Social Services appear and reassess his needs. It's a circle because on th...
Thanks both from what you both say there are a few issues. (1) I sense that their default posisition is that either the council are funding or cash is easily accessible (2) I have the revised care plan but it has not been costed (3) my sister coincidentally was there when the social work reassessed ...
My father is in supported living accommodation and pays for his own care, I organise the payments. His care was recently reviewed; the social worker agreed an increase to the morning care visit duration. The cost of the increase was not discussed and the letter of confirmation does not set out the c...