Thank you for your reply on both threads bowlingbun. I believe you are right in saying that the first 12 weeks won't take into account the capital from her home and after that there will be a deferred payment to the LA which we will repay once the house is sold. I haven't looked into the Funded Nurs...
Hello Pet - I am also new to the forum and dementia is close to my heart. My mum has had dementia for 11 years and we have looked after her all that time without any help. Initially this was because she refused help and as time went on we just had our own system of coping and I felt outside help wou...
Hi, I am also new to the forum. I came across the forum whilst trying to find out information regarding care homes. I must say reading some of the stories here are quite humbling and puts my problems into perspective. My mum is 98 and has had dementia since she was 87. We have cared for her for 11 y...
Hello everyone - I am a newbie on here so I apologise if this topic is already covered elsewhere. I am in the initial stages of moving my mum who needs Personal Care/Dementia care into a nursing home. I am finding it all a bit of a minefield. Social Services are involved and my mother will be self f...