HI there Susan here I would be grateful for your advice My 83 year old Mum is in hospital following a fall; I am in New Zealand and she is in Lancashire. Last time she was discharged from hospital three years ago, she was sent to an unacceptable care home that was later closed after a CQC report sho...
Hi Sue, Difficult to sort this out from so far away. As Bowlingbun says, mum should be entitled to six weeks' free care upon discharge from hospital. Arranged BEFORE she leaves hospital. It may be worth trying to speak to the Hotel Social Worker to ensure that this is in place. After that, carers c...
It should have been arranged before discharge by the hospital. 6 weeks of free reablement care. Then if neededlonger term Social Services should take over. Thank you so very much for this Bowlingbun; My Mum is still in hospital so I will try and talk to the hospital social worker tomorrow. Thank yo...
Good morning from New Zealand' Sue here ; My Mum is in Lancashire and I am in New Zealand. I would love to say hello and ask a few questions Does anyone know anything about applying for carers to go into the home following a stint in hospital; My Mum , who is visually impaired and very weak had a fa...
Thanks a lot Sally ; I hear what you are saying

thanks so much for the link and the idea to write more by letter; I will do this for sure
Best to you for now
Susan
Thank you so much for your welcome Mrs A and your great comments. My sister has the Power of Attorney for Mum's financial and health affairs; My Mum lives in sheltered accommodation ; she is 83 and has no family nearby. My sister is at the other end of the country and gets up once or twice a year , ...
Hi everyone Sue from New Zealand here; my Mum is in Lancashire; I am from Lancashire but live abroad now
does anyone have any tips on long distance caring? I have just been to the UK and am back in New Zealand. Would love to hear any book recommendations or advice you may have.Many thanks Susan