Probably they would say - I thought she had all this sorted!! She only had to ask.... Problem is if i go ahead - then it could be step 2 - talking to her as suggested earlier by Susieq saying people do this nowadays. I have seen this twisting and turning (with my brothers) which I have found upsetti...
Thank you all - I have two areas to deal with - 1. Identical email & text - learnt by 'atmosphere' many months ago. They both get cc emails and copied text. For example - that I have just called emergency services to get her into hospital, ward, etc. Also one to ask their thoughts on an earlier nigh...
I think that makes perfect sense. BUT - when you have two other siblings (who are in their own world) then anything I do would be criticized. (Two 'intelligent men' have not said 'we need to sit down and talk about Mum's finances'.) She also would say .... has a bank account now with my money in it....
Will catch up with this later - I am looking forward to reading it in my 'own' time. Now need to make a phone she has had a letter she doesn't understand.
Thank you - will do. You have all been so helpful and so pleased I have stayed with this forum. Just feeling anxious about being recognized. Lots of reading to do now and from the other support thread I posted.
By DWP - her state pensions (I guess you mean) and her private pensions are all paid into her bank account. So looking at a bank website a "third party mandate" seems OK as long as she has mental capacity. I have not read all the info but this part caught my interest. If you have the right to handle...
I must say this POA 'investigation' has made me think of my husband and I. We have a joint account but have split our savings accounts for savings interest reasons. So given the form is quite straight forward online and from my understanding does not have to be signed by a solicitor or GP at least t...
Phew - what a headache it all is. Just not sure what the best way is - but I think something needs to happen soon and what a shame if it has to go through the Court of Protection. Having said that it might be easier as bothers do not seem concerned and it will just be less in the pot for them. Hopef...
I think pointing out some of her finances could go is worth a try. I also think she would probably like the idea of me doing the paperwork as it will save her money.

Thank you for the ideas.
Can I ask a question here please. I too am looking into this and have downloaded Power of Attorney forms from Internet spoke to Help Line - all very helpful. But - have spoke to my Mum for her thought s on me having Power of Attorney. She feels there is no need as 'I do my cheques OK don't I? I have...