Well, done! You really sound empowered. Sometimes it's good just to get things off your chest :) xx
I have just had the late response to my formal complaint about my sons Occupational Therapist. I'm livid but not surprised as the "acting senior manager" has not upheld any of the complaint. She "has done a thorough investigation" How can a thorough investigation be done by asking only the Occupatio...
Hi Newbies :) hope you're well. I'm quite new here too. x
Hi Bowlingbun, I'm in Scotland so telephoned the local council, where I made the complaint. I made the complaint on the 4th September (after your great advice:)) got a letter next day to say the complaint was at stage 1 of the CHP and I would have a response in 5 days that so and so would keep me up...
Hello everyone, Hope you're all well. Can anyone tell me what to do as The Council has not replied to my formal complaint about one of my caree's social workers within the 5 day time frame of their complaints procedure. I telephoned today and told them their 5 days had passed yesterday and the girl ...
Hi everyone, Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your helpful comments and sorry for taking so long to reply. I was using what energy I had to fight Social Services and I think the ball has started to roll now after being ignored, not listened to and abandoned. Although I'm cynical, one of my...
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to speak about my caring role without crying.I'm needing help and support but it's putting me off telephoning doctors/social work to explain how difficult things have become. I can email no problem but as soon as I try to talk to someone, the tears start and I c...
I care for my 2 adult sons. One was changed over to PIP around 6 months ago and the other hasn't had a letter yet. I thought too, it was all supposed to have changed over by September 2017 but as always, they will be behind! The assessments are stressful. I'm having to take my 2 sons to 4 different ...
How awful for them. I'm so sorry and upset to read this :(
Thank you Sunnydisposition. What a lovely username. I will certainly look into the links you have sent me. I'm feeling a little less hopeless and I'm going to roll up my sleeves for a fight. Why do they make it so hard for carers when all we do is work ourselves into the ground to save them money? Y...