Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies :) It makes me feel so better to know I'm not alone. The hospital are arranging for a palliative care nurse to start coming in to help and the district nurses are going to come in 3 times a week instead of once, hopefully with the extra help I won't be...
Thanks Mrs A, I'll look into that - he's still being bad tempered, he just had a right moan because I cut his toast into triangles and not squares! It's hard to deal with, he's ill so I think I should just try and tolerate him but at the same time, he's stressing me out far more than is necessary :(...
Hi everyone, I'm a carer for my husband who has stage IV cancer. Its hard enough struggling with his illness but it's his attitude and temper that's making it worse. Before he got ill, he was generally a bad tempered, depressive person so as you can imagine, he's 10 times worse now. I am trying my b...
Thanks Rosemary, I've sent them an email explaining our situation - this website is a life saver :) xx
Just found out he is in the 'support group' so hopefully there will be no time limit on it... xx
Thanks Rosemary, I agree the benefits system is so complicated! Just when you need it the most, they make it so difficult for everyone :( xx
Thanks for your replies, I'll find out about the 'support group' - he went straight onto the higher rate of contribution based ESA and shortly after PIP. It was a shock diagnosis as he only had a sore arm and its turned out to be kidney cancer that has already spread. We haven't claimed income suppo...
Hi everyone, I am a carer for my husband who is ill with cancer. He is stage 4 and has been put on contribution based ESA and PIP (higher amount), I am also claiming carer's allowance. What will happen when the ESA ends after 12 months? I have read that I can't claim carer's allowance if he goes on ...