Thanks for replies. I have been digging around online and think it might be something to do with pension credits, as the amount you are entitled to goes down if you have £10K in the bank. However, I was sure she said she tried for Credits and her extra pension put her over the limit anyway. I will h...
Hi all, Wondering if anyone can shed some light on something MIL is fretting over. She claims to have received a letter recently from HMRC saying that if she has more than £10K in savings, she will have to start paying income tax. She cannot now find the letter and we don't know what she is on about...
SW says that Mum has to say the words herself, she cannot put them into her mouth or be seen to influence her into a decision against her will ... Mental Capacity seems to the be the key issue, but even if Mum passed 100 MCA assessments, doesn't change the fact that she cannot understand her current...
Thanks again for all replies. We are just getting so tired of the rollercoaster of emotion over the last few weeks. First she is going in, then she isn't, then she is going home, then she isn't ... she finally gets home and lasts 3 hours before she is on the phone in tears begging to go in somewhere...
Financial assessment is booked for Thursday. This booking was made when she was still in hospital last week, with me to represent her and provide all her financial info. Case co seemed to suggest today that money would not be provided for a respite stay which mum has indicated this would be, as she ...
Care home Manager came out to assess her this morning ... all OK, when do you want to come in to us. MIL said not today, too soon. We are working tomorrow so agreed to Wednesday morning. Case Co called in to see her this afternoon. MIL told her she only going in for 3-4 weeks trial, and would come h...
All gone T*ts up ... told case co she only going in for trial because what we want and will come home then ... no funding for that, we give up ... :(
Yes we are prepared for that, but told her this morning that we are too far along the process now to cancel, and if she even thinks about changing her mind, we will not be running after her any more. All she keeps saying is "I can't stay here any more" and if she does start to wobble on Monday, we w...
Hi All. Mum in law due to move into residential home on Monday. She is very reliant on her phone at home, lots of friends to chat to and we need to maintain her contact with the outside world. Anyone got any tips on best option please? We are assuming the home would allow one to be installed in her ...
Such an immense relief that mum-in-law has finally agreed today to accept a care home placement. They are coming to access her on Monday, but have already accepted her in principle. Long story, but if people have seen my other posts here, its been a battle of wills to try to get her to understand th...