It's 10 weeks tomorrow now since I applied for carers allowance and my claim still hasn't been allocated :( I spoke to someone on the phone this morning and was advised that they were working to claims from the 24th of July. Yet I know of someone who applied on the 27th of July who has had their awa...
My daughter was awarded DLA back at the end of July and I applied for Carers Allowance on the 1st of August. It will be week 9 this week since I applied and I haven't heard a thing back as of yet. Does anyone know if they have a deadline to work to or how much longer I should be expecting to wait pl...
Hi Melly She is currently on 2ml of keppra twice a day. If she carries on with seizures then we will need to increase to 3ml twice a day. And if that doesn't work we need to look at a different medication. She hasn't had a full on seizure for a couple of months now. But has started to have absences ...
Oddly enough one of my mum's dogs used to get a bit obsessed with our daughter. Though he would really ramp it up if a seizure was imminent, whine around her and follower her around if she was in her walker. It was as if he could tell what was going to happen.
I've got an appointment with cab this week for them to help me with filling out the form for dla. And then I will make an application for carers allowance once that is sorted. We currently live with my husband's parents while we find our own place. So if I could get dla it would mean I could get out...
It's tough to find the time to get away. With an epileptic 1 year old it's all hands on deck. Mum was such a big part of getting her diagnosed. She would watch for seizures and know when one was about to start as I used to have seizures when I was the same age. And I do wonder how I will cope withou...
Hi everyone, I'm Emily I was pointed in the direction of this site by a wonderful lady on another forum. I was a carer for my disabled mum up until 6 months ago when she passed away. Which I am struggling to come to terms with. But, I am also, currently a carer for my 1 year old daughter who is epil...
We lost my wonderful mum 6 months ago today. And it still hurts as much as the day it happened. I'd been a carer for her since childhood. With small breaks in between when I went to university or she moved back to Wales. But from 2009 after losing my dad to a heart attack my husband left England to ...