Quite agree with previous advice and perhaps this may help?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... as-amended
You say that social workers sometimes make the mistake of being drawn in, and that carers should direct their emotions at an effective target. Yes, but I think that's a normal part of life and suppressing all our emotions isn't going to work even if it were a good thing. Thank you Greta. I believe ...
Charm, Good morning. You wrote ''I know what you're going through totally.'' Unfortunately you actually have no idea whatsoever as to what I am going through, just as I have no idea of what you or anyone else are going through. We can only imagine and empathise. As to the way I wrote what I did? Wha...
Hello all. It's been interesting to read your posts in relation to your varying experiences of dealing with social workers. I spoke to colleagues in our Advice and Information team this afternoon and they said you would be very welcome to contact the Adviceline if you have any questions relating to...
Charm, I take your point. My problem is that I always consider that a SW might be overworked and constrained financially but I feel that by writing in this way, Mick is assuming we are all thick and insensitive and is teaching us how to behave. Of course it is frustrating for the social worker, but...
That's when this thread started grating on me...this site is NOT about social workers and how they 'feel'. It is for carers. Mick shouldn't be allowed to write on site about social workers in this way in order to upset many carers no doubt who have been through hell at social workers hands and I ag...
BB, I may be stupid and negative, in your opinion - thanks but I am informed, experienced in working a very large rural County and realistic. You didn't state 'planned meetings only' either. I used to manage a scheme where we would meet clients out of office and out of their home but in the communit...
You're not alone Michael. PM me if you want a chat or feel the need to rant.
Biased and sensationalist reporting.
Here's a less sensational report: http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/l ... y_is_told/