My mum has been spending most of her time in bed since April with uti and bedsore. She had be en given fortisip shakes and Aymes powder to make into a shake. The district nurse commented on her loss of weight and arranged for a community dietician to visit. I had been mixing up an egg in with mum's ...
Even if two carers had visited, shouldn't both have signed their own name and not one carer write both names, especially since the column heading uses the word "sign". All of this is such a disappointment because these carers appear to be doing the best job of caring out of the three companies we've...
That's what I think Bowlingbun! I've just ordered a Ring Doorbell!
Mum's care plan begun in September. We didn't receive any detailed explanation of costs and what it included. Mum didn't approve the package by signing a written contract. She got what she was given, sort of. Now she's receiving invoices for the care. Do LAs have right to bill if there's no written...
I may have asked in an earlier post but would like to post this separately. Is a person receiving in-home long-term care through the LA assigned to a licensed social worker by the LA that is providing the care? Mum hasn't been told if she has or. has not and the name and contact info for that person...
Thanks BB. I wish it had happened that way - reablement, that is. Mum was on reablement for one week, during which nothing happened apart from being assigned an awful new care company. It took the council 30days for the assessment post release to decided if she was eligible for reablement. She becam...
I have a person coming to visit mum and me from the care audit team of the local authority. This is our first visit since mum went on ong term care after discharge from hospital in September. Does anyone have any pointers as to what to expect and what to be on guard for? I've already alerted her to ...
Interestingly, it's Thanksgiving Day in America tomorrow. Enjoy your day!
Have you contacted your LA councillor? I'd probably speak to them first. I'd want to analyze what the core issues are, with some key examples and what you would propose happen to help you and your mother. Am I right in thinking that the employed staff in social services take direction from the elect...
Just a thought here. Mum's got a lockbox fitted by the LA. It's used for the carers. I've given out the code to district nurses and doctor. Even though your friend is welcome by your mother, it might be that the carers have a duty to the LA (if that's who's assigned them to your mum) to report non-m...