Thanks for your replies. Couldn't post earlier as I've been a bit off it sorry., and got a sustained headache. I didn't go today , but my siblings went, and regarding. Top up fees, its £20 a piece from them, tops. They cant (wont?) pay any more, so I've got to pay £100 pe month, and the rest (£60) w...
Thank you for your reply BB I'll take all what you've said onboard and Get to work on this difficult situation. (Shouldn't have panned out like this though anyway). Wasn't sure (or aware) that my brothers mobility allowance cannot legally be used to pay his top up. So if i pay top up fee from my bro...
Thanks mrs average and BB for your replies. I rang the DWP up about 3-4 weeks ago and they told me they're sorting the mobility component out after not having received it yet, and told me i will be getting it about 21st September, along with other adjustments that have/have been, made. The last paym...
"TOP-UP-FEE"-ISSUES (Family) Hello all you carers. I'm sorry to drag an old thread up, but thought I'd d post here instead of starting a new one. My brother is ok in his new home. However, I'm now having problems getting full top up fee money off my family. I signed the contract a while ago, and so...
Thank you for your kind post Mrs average (dont like addressing you like that, as there's nothing average about you). ! Ive been to the home tonight just after/during his tea, which was intentional as i wanted to see how they fed him ,gave him his drink etc. It was pretty good, and my brother was in ...
Thanks pet and Jenny. :) I was thinking of having my brother back for a day anyway, as they say its ok, as long as I'm happy with it and got all his medication, creams, pads etc. (Probably starting from September-October onwards I'd say) After this, i would like my brother to "perhaps" sleep the nig...
Thanks all. I will take those thoughts and ideas onboard. I was a bit off it one day, (anxiety) and family rang up to SS/Worker to get my brother in respite for a few days, well it was 6 weeks!. I think they (SS) took advantage of this and got him into a home before i could do anything (or recover)....
hello. These are my document copies (the first one is signed) that came yesterday (they sent me two by mistake) so the top form is now signed and gone. (To wherever) hd basically told me to sign it last week on my financial assessment. My Sister was there at the assessment and agreed with it, so I s...
The rules about top ups say the local authority CANNOT ask for the client to top up the payments UNLESS it is to pay for a better room, or extra services. So in your role as appointee, you absolutely should not be paying a top up using your brother's money. Well, he's in a "better" room that what w...
Cling on to the fact that YOU have no legal responsibility for your brother. You are FREE to walk way from him totally, and they know that....it's your 'ultimate bargaining weapon'. Hi Jenny, I'm busy At the moment. and Will write more later. So what your saying is that i have NO RESPONSIBILITY at ...