Thank you for your last post Chris... excellent article highlighting the plight of former carers. After having formally written to my Member of Parliament about the matter, the only response I have had is that all MPs are now on vacation till after the General Election!!! Vacation?!?!... question is...
Quite right Chris - I've had the need to approach a local food bank myself since leaving my caring role... that is a sad fact. :roll: I would so much like to be able to bring in change for our particular group. :dry:
Thank you Chris for your thoughts and Jenny for yours. Different people of course have different experiences, no two situations are exactly the same, but perhaps one can generalise and say 7% feel this would have helped, 42% feel that would have help and 51% feel that something else should be offere...
Hi... I don't feel like a released prisoner, and never have, but I am frustrated by the utter lack of tangible help available for ex-carers. I wonder if the following questions were to be put to all carers and formers carers in the country... what the answers would be. Questions: 1) How do carers an...
I don't really like the analogy of my being compared to a recently released prisoner, who's just got out of gaol on parole requiring the supervision of a probation officer. The names Carer's Parole (or Probation) Officer have rather negative connotations. Well, Carers Week 2017 will be upon us next ...
Former Carers are in a different category altogether to Carers and have different needs and sources of stress . A Carers' Assessment is offered to all those who are currently providing care and support to an adult friend or family member. What about offering something similar to former carers? Alon...
I'd like to know about what progress has been made, as from the grumblings that have been going on for more than a decade and have been reported here... change isn't happening fast enough.
Thank you for posting the link Susieq.... yes I have been reading through Carers UK's webpages.
I would like to know what has been achieved to date on this matter since the year whatever... 2004 I think was the earliest year mentioned by a respondent in this thread, because it is too important an issue to let it slip by.
I have been a member of "the REAL world of CarerLand" for a considerable length of time. I would like to know what specifically if anything has already been done by members of this forum, since the year dot, to raise general awareness of the issue of former carers struggling to get back into work. A...