Warren, just briefly before I log out ....no, of course being in care wasn't your fault! It might not have been your mum's fault either, but that isn't really the point. The point is YOU are entitled to a good life, and your mum should recognise that. If she refuses to, if it's me me me (!) then th...
The only power your mum has over you is the power you let her have. As for getting her full 35 hours worth out of you, that's so cruel. Make no mistake, you are being bullied. So you go out without approval, what can she do? I didn't realise that she's still in her 50's, in which case she would pro...
Warren, hi - I could be 'tough' and say that your mum has done you QUITE enough damage in your young life, if you had to be in care, to have NO say whatsoever in controlling you any longer thank you! However....as you say, relationships are complex with parents who are themselves damaged (as I am c...
Raun_1703 wrote:Hello Waren, welcome to the forum. You are not alone with this situation, at some point the relations turns bit complex :?
Hi Raun_1703
Tnx
Complex yes I feel between a slave and her son and it ranges to
Warren, it's really important that your mum has a Needs Assessment from Social Services, and you have an entirely separate Carers Assessment. Things have changed no end since your mum had bad experiences with Social Services, the Elderly Care Team will do absolutely everything to make sure mum is c...
Welcome Warren, Just a thought, I know your mom doesn't want any involvement of social services but you could have 28 days respite and employ your own staff, You just have to go through them to get it. I hate them myself... got reason to..but they normally just arrange 'the direct payment' and disa...
Dr Pepper
Hi Warren I wonder what sort relationship you have with your mum? Its funny thing but am finding the..erm...'uncompromising' :pinch: relationship (battle of wills) I've always had with mine actually helps things. I mean by that is I have just got on with things with social work, as has her social w...
Hi Warren, welcome to the forum. Does mum have any diagnosed illness? Is she claiming any disability benefits? Are you claiming Carers Allowance? Hi bowlingbun, Tnx for the welcome Yes my mother has a number of conditions most of them I can't pronounce let alone spell lol but I know that they effec...
Kelly _1704 wrote:Hi, I don't really have any advice but wanted to say hello, I only joined today myself an no how it feels to feel alone. X
Thank you Kelly and if you want to talk I'm here