Hello, im hoping someone may be able to answer my question. My mum sadly passed away on the 4th July and I used the Tell us once service to inform DWP etc. I was advised that my carers would run on for 8 weeks to allow me time to get myself organised etc. My last payment was on 6th July, does anyone...
Hi Cathy My mum was referred to physio/occ therapy and there is a lovely man who comes to the house to visit her. She has exercises to do (kids on she does them though) when i ask her. Deffo as Henrietta says ask for a needs assessment they are very helpful and put other things in place. Warmest reg...
~Thank you Helena, again reading your post I am crying............it puts things into perspective for me. I can get out.............you really don't have that choice. It seems like choices are taken from us and like you say the fear of something happening to your loved one.......the house going on f...
Hi Sally, When i read your response it made me very emotional.........for the simple fact that here i am venting and you are going through a much tougher time than me. You really are admirable coping with both your mum and dad. COPD is a horrible disease and I am just starting to learn about it and ...
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your comments. My mum is receiving High Rate DLA for the care component and low rate for mobility (something to do with her being over 65 at the time of her claim excludes her from high rate mobility). Don't really understand that yet t...
Hello All, I joined the forum as I am struggling a wee bit at the moment. My story....... I have worked full time all my life (now age 48) and have not had to care for anyone before on a full time basis. My mum has COPD which in the past few months has affected her health quite badly. I took the opp...