I've found something that helps my husband get his vegetables. He has MSA (multiple system atrophy), which means that he is gradually losing his ability to chew and swallow, so I worry about getting healthy food into him, especially greens. Waitrose -if you can stand the expense- does a really good ...
This is a really difficult problem. Being both partner and carer is tricky, and it's only natural that resentment rises to the surface. You do have reason to feel this way. It's totally rational and you should not feel bad about it. If your husband is still capable of doing some things but doesn't d...
Yes, the driver of a disabled badge holder can use the badge to transport her or him. It is not only for the holder as a driver as many holders will be unable to drive at all. It is also worth checking the local council's rules. The badge should have come with a small booklet explaining where you ca...
I have found it very difficult to find a suitable place for my husband to get dental care. He is unable to use his legs at all and so needs a host at home. We live in Cambridge and it took me several days scouring the internet for a service which can accommodate wheelchair users. Finally, I found th...
I am 58 and caring for my husband who has MSA (multiple system atrophy). I am new to caring as I never raised any children, and for years my husband did a lot of the housework and cooking as he was early retired and I was working full-time. He is now unable to do anything for himself, and while I co...