Hi Lee Welcome to the forum, wondering if you have any help at all with looking after mum apart from your that which your very special daughter gives? What's causing your mum to need such care? Sixties is very young (lots us here in our sixties, and we are carers ourselves, rather than carees!). I ...
Hi Lee, Lack of sleep is awful. What's keeping you awake? Does Mum have night time needs or are you lying there worrying? Would a mild medication help? Try the GP? KR E. Hi Elaine, Mum sometimes needs me during the night, however, it's more just how I am. I'm one of those annoying folk that does al...
Thank you to everyone who replied. After doing a lot of searching and also with the wonderful advice posted here, it seems I am 100% within my rights to refuse these appointments without fear of sanction. The problem is, these people are trained Snake Oil salespeople. As I said in my original post (...
One
I tried but, sadly, they're busy and I couldn't get to speak to anybody (which is understandable). However, since my post a friend passed this over to me. It may be of help to others in a similar situation: http://educationalfreedom.org.uk/income-supportcarers/ I hear what you're saying about 6 week...
Hi Bowlingbun! I mange pretty well considering. My Daughter, while only 6 is an old head on young shoulders and Mum, thankfully, is very understanding. My little one understands that Mum sometimes needs a lot of attention and, god love her, tries to help where she can. Mu only real gripe is, as I'm ...
Hi all, I'm wondering if anybody can help? I'm a carer for my Mum, it literally is a full-time job, plus I also bring up a six year old alone. Recently I've been sent a number of appointments for the JCP that are, supposedly, for "Help & Support". However, when I get there these are nothing more tha...
Hi all, so glad I found this place (as, no doubt is everybody else!). I'm a carer for my Mother who's in her 60's. Also a single father to 6 six yr old daughter...

Looking forwards to chatting and (hopefully) getting advice!

Cheers!

Lee :)