Thankyou everyone, it feels better just writing that and saying how I felt, also knowing what I did and how I am feeling now is normal, as you don't know when it happens how you should be through everything that you have to go through so once again thankyou to all that commented xx Lorraine
oh my god what you said is so true and the last part even made me giggle, its when you think u are on your own dealing with it but you are not loads of of people are going through the same, but you don't ever talk about it . but everything you said makes sense x
thankyou I suppose being an only child no other family I found it difficult cause the decisions were all on me had no help or anyone to help me in the things I had to do then and now Lorraine xx
hi everyone its taken me a while to write, but my mum who I cared for for 7 years passed away 5 months ago bedridden with copd,she got a chest infection and had to be admitted to hospital which I did , she did not want to go but I knew it had to be done, she put up a good fight and I stayed with her...
thanks for your reply yes she gets all her benefits I do not claim carers allowance as it gets taken of her benefits and that is so unfair, she has been on oxygen and bedridden for quite a few years now , so we have gone through lots of checks so confused not sure about continuing healthcare, just s...
hi my mum who is bedridden and on oxygen also incontinent and now found out she has vascular dementia has just had a review on what she pays towards her care package , she only has 2 half hour visits a day lives in a council flat and claims benefits, they have tripled what she will have to pay, as r...
cheers for the reply thought it was all ok , but district nurse has done nothing i have gone and got kylie bed pads spoke 2 doctor who changed mums pain killers but when i said about her nebuliser his reply was u want me 2 make it 4 times a day which i just sat there and felt deflated and said it is...
Hi yes thanks everyone the meeting went ok I went armed with notes and got my opinion over the physiatrist helped ad he has said she has vascular dementia so her memory is bad and will not get better, district nurse argued the fact that mum only needs 2 take her nebuliser when needed so I pointed ou...
thankyou 4 your comments meetings got done without me knowing and everything i had said got twisted they are saying i have said she refuses to take medication when i have never said that i have always said she forgets 2 take it , district matron is a cow <sorrry> but of no help all these people maki...
thankyou so much for your reply, i lost patience in the end and phoned the district matron i was not happy , she is now going to try and get mum some adult nappies and they will be delivered she is also said why cant i show the care team how to administer her nebuliser i explained that it has to be ...