Radio
Hi Again, Sorry, it's been a while since I posted. Mum is due home some time this week. She seems a lot better than she was when she first came home. I was quite shocked at how the constipation and the water infection had affected her. The one thing that does concern me though is that she's still "s...
Hi Mandy, Welcome to the forum. I'm from Manchester and am pretty new to caring. My mum has recently had a stroke so I'm sort of looking after her and Dad who is not quite as mobile as he was. Mum's in hospital again at the moment but SS have been in touch so I'm sure her discharge will be very soon...
Hi Ryan, if you would rather email Samaritans there is a link on their site. You will not have to give them any personal information whatsoever,you can tell them as much or as little as you like. If you do decide to email instead, they may take a couple of days to get back to you but they will get b...
Hi Sheila and welcome to the forum. I'm quite new to the site myself but found all to be very helpful and friendly.
Thanks BB, I wish I was more aware of the procedure last time she came home. I will definitely read up and make sure any assessments have been done. We were trying to organise some respite before this happened so are waiting for a financial assessment. We are not daily visitors to the hospital, last...
Hi All, Mum was taken back to hospital on Sunday. She had not passed a stool since the 26th January and was crying out all the time. Out of hours doctor was called out on Saturday evening and prescribed an enema which the DN came round to give her. When I arrived on Sunday morning nothing had passed...
Hi Elaine, Thank you for your post. 'Luckily'Mum has carers in 4 times a day for her personal care,and the DN has been out today. She has been given some cream as she's beginning to a little pink were her words. Mum can't move, she's lost use of her left side. The carers are the only people to move ...
Hi, Thank you both for your replies,much appreciated. We've had quite a rollercoaster couple of days. Dad and I are organising POA, thank you for pointing this out. Application forms for AA have arrived, they look like they will be fun to fill out. Had to go to the docs today as Mum has been shoutin...
Hi Bowlingbun, we must have been posting at the same time, thank you also for your reply. Thank you for the information about the hospital, I shall have a read shortly. Re: Attendance allowance. The lady from the stroke association that came yesterday is organising the forms to be sent out to us tog...