Hi Rebecca, I dealt with a Mum who was very similar in many ways to your Nan in her behaviour. I'm lucky enough to have my husband to support me, but I truly understand what your poor Mum is feeling from the perspective of dealing with your Nan here. I didn't lose my husband, instead it was the deat...
Hi Sharon sending you a massive (((((Hug)))))) I can only repeat what the others have already said. Remember that it doesn't all have to be done immediately. Some things DO. Deal with them, one step at a time. We used the "tell us once" service when we registered Mum's death in February, and it was ...
It was exceptional circumstances, so that might have helped us get a fast response. Plus I'm afraid I had a complete meltdown due to the circumstances and being frightened out of my life by what my SIL had told me, so I think they realised they had to do something to calm the crazy woman on the phon...
Hi Nicki I had reason to question my Mum's care when she was in hospital early this year. Each hospital should have some sort of Patient Relations team. I was genuinely concerned about my Mum's safety in her ward, so even though it was after 10pm and the dept was closed, reception put me through to ...
We're now approaching the final stage of saying goodbye to Mum's house. The new owners will take possession of it in a few weeks, so we're in the process of arranging a house clearance by our chosen charity once we've removed the nice pieces that we want to keep. I'm just waiting for late September,...
For those who struggle with feeling cold immediately after a shower. My Mum was like this, and what I did was find the biggest, fluffiest towelling robe I could (the nicest quality I could afford) and get her wrapped up in it the instant she stopped the water. I used that instead of a towel, and the...
Health update for those who gave advice about the feisty feline we belong to....We've been allowed to discontinue the antibiotics (the drops she REALLY objected to) and the painkillers, so Madam is feeling a lot more forgiving nowadays. She still needs her thyroid meds, but we've discovered we can j...
Jenny, I'm afraid it's hubby who thinks I should just move on and "let it go". He's right, I know. It hasn't been healthy for me to wallow in it. I guess the solution lies in me, and I know that, for my own sake, I have to cut ties, at least with the overseas bully. I don't need to have anything els...
Can I also just say a quick thank you to everyone who has responded to my original post. Just knowing that I'm not the only one struggling helped. Somehow, knowing that I'm actually entitled to feel that way helps me feel it less. Does that make sense? Being told I'm over reacting, that I'm being "d...
Oh dear, we've tried all techniques apart from the "horse" position. One pill took us over 20 minutes, and of course by then, we're ALL deeply distressed. We now get meds in liquid form and hubby holds her (not firmly enough imo, as she manages to escape every time) whilst I gently push the syringe ...