Hi all. I'm dealing with Mum a bit better lately because I'm trying new tactics - when she rants and has obsessive behaviour I try to make no comment or I distract her/change the subject because I believe it's attention seeking. I'm doing this in the hope that she might be like this less often, curr...
I think I need more than a hill between us... I went up to cook her a proper dinner, like I usually do Sundays. We were getting on ok except for her whingeing about usual things. Then she shouted at her neighbour upstairs. I've told her countless times (and the neighbour's daughter has complained ab...
Thankyou all for the feedback. Re moving myself closer to my daughters and moving Mum too, I know she would never consider that. I've told her for years she should move because she isn't happy where she lives, but she won't do it she owns her flat so she'd have to sell it first. Although she can aff...
Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'm hesitating about moving away from Mum because of what people will say about me, especially Mum. She's always been one to exaggerate and lie. She even accused a neighbour of stealing last year! She's stubborn and won't agree to carers again (she has to pay private...
I'm sure I'm not alone in this.... I relocated last year to live close to my 80 year old mother. She did have carers twice a day but cancelled then, against my advice, when I arranged to relocate. Since then she's been a bit more independent although still housebound, but making a bit more effort, i...
Attention seeking at it's best (or worst when it's our parents we are dealing with, we cop it all) My mother doesn't try it on to get a doc out or get taken to hospital but she frequently plays the 'I'm old and poorly' trick. She is disabled and housebound because of arthritis. She did have carers u...
Thanks, Jenny and Pet. I can't have myself removed from the POA as it would cost a couple of hundred pounds in legal fees. There was one other person named and she decided to be taken off. It cost my Mum 200 pounds. The Finances and Property POA is useful because it means I can keep an eye on her ac...
In addition I want to point out that my mother is not capable of caring for herself properly on a day to day basis. She is disabled with arthritis and has to walk around her flat with a zimmer frame. She can't go out without help. Her legs are weak and she is unsteady on her feet a lot. A couple of ...
Hi all I have power of attorney for my mother, which includes health and welfare. I believe that I cannot put this into practice unless my mother is no longer of sound mind. But she is still refusing to have carers, and needs them. She did have carers twice daily until I moved into her street, even ...
Thanks Jenny. Xx