Thank you to everyone on this forum who was so supportive of me. I miss Dad more than I can express, I love him with every fibre of my being. He died in the hospice, it was his second time in there, they were wonderful with him. I was with him 24 hours a day, sleeping by his side for the last six da...
Update, yesterday dad had a brilliant morning, he was up the whole time, reading catalogues and planning which mobility scooter he wanted to buy!! I was very happy for him, did not squash his dreams (like saying "Dad I think you are too frail for a scooter". ) That night, well early in the morning a...
Hi Susan, You need a lot more time for you, I really understand how you feel. I do have help three times a day, Dad is on Continuous Care, also under the care of Hospice Nurses and until recently Marie Curie night nurses three times a week!! (Even with all of that it was exhausting, he needs help wi...
Michelle,
Phone your local hospice, they will help you, xx
Hi Laura, You do need to look after yourself! I really understand how you feel, I am lucky in that Dad is very grateful and appreciative of all that I do, but it is exhausting!! I am being given a lot of help, "Continuing Care" and now have got wonderful carers but it is still so tiring! For about t...
Be very careful! I have found caring for my dad to be intensely rewarding for the first couple of months, after that it got harder and harder. I did give up my job, took unpaid leave and moved in with him, it really did get harder and harder. In the last four months I have hardly been out. During th...
I have not posted on here for a while but would like to share my thoughts on caring. It is still relatively new to me, nearly four months ago I took unpaid leave from work and moved in with dad to look after him. Dad had been having respite care, which went on for a long time in a care home, it was ...
Sending you love and empathy. xx
Eun, I was really sorry to read what you posted , I think one of the reasons that dad was admitted was respite care, for me and for him, he is nearly 95. I do see what you mean there is a big age gap where people are not catered for, I really feel for you and your son. However in the hospice where D...
I hope that I have posted this in the right section of the forum. If not moderators please remove and put this message in the appropriate section. During the last week my Dad has received the most wonderful treatment ever in a Hospice, before that he was having good support at home from Hospice nurs...