This was last week.... could/should have sold tickets........ We are an Irish family on Dad's side, and it shows in some of us - well, me anyway.. We took a long journey 12 miles, on the bus - over an hour there, 4 hours in town( buses are as rare as hen's teeth), one hour back on the bus - quite e...
Tomorrow cannot come soon enough! do I mean this? Tomorrow the poor ould fella goes for his first overnight respite. He will be gone for 24 hours. Even at this late stage it is touch and go whether he will actually go!! He has developed another ulcer by the stoma site, and the hospital nurse has be...
When you are so stressed you are almost incoherent, you're tired, worried, short of money and Social Workers don't attach themselves to you like they used to, so you don't know who you are speaking to........................... The Phone Rings..... it could be work..... it could be friends.... it c...
This is not funny but then it is........ I am not well, I have been coughing all night for the last few days and now my voice has virtually gone ( hurrah say some!) The poor ould fella knows this, but keeps forgetting. I keep trying to get him to listen when I speak to him, but because of the wonky...
Sleepovers ? A reference when employing someone to " Watch over " one's caree , usually during the night ... minimum wage and other considerations. Separate thread on the subject for anyone doing just that. One aspect of DPs ... employer / employee relationship ... not many LAs will spell that out ...
A Carers UK guide to DPs ... what obligations there are and other useful information : http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/practical-support/getting-care-and-support/direct-payments For a legal guide to the same ... heavy going but contains some useful stuff ... especially on yellow / red card ...
A Carers UK guide to DPs ... what obligations there are and other useful information : http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/practical-support/getting-care-and-support/direct-payments For a legal guide to the same ... heavy going but contains some useful stuff ... especially on yellow / red card ...
This has just occurred to me.......... is anyone else in agreement? Right, we have now acknowledged our new status in life - he, the cared for, me, the carer. Social Services throw Direct Payments our way, but I have to work out an acceptable way of spending it - without any knowledge of what is av...
I am with you on this...... My partner of 7 years has changed hugely and dramatically this year. HIs extreme ill health that led to life changing and life saving surgery, brought with it a rapidly progressing dementia. He is still only 71 so not an old guy really. Your Mother's health has taken a d...
That could be a plan couldn't it? I wonder if Social Services would want an intervention, or whether it is something that could be organised privately? Worth a serious thought though..... Thank you x