Thanks for replies. I agree it's a minefield. It is established that I will get carer's discount with my mum getting higher rate AA from March (and so counting as disabled). I don't think AA entitlement is reviewed periodically like ESA or PIP? So should be ok going forward? I think it's pretty unfa...
Hey peeps. Just has same response as Karen did start this thread (hope ok to tag on, I recalled posting on it so dug it out) .e. my carer's discount should not have been applied as my mum was not on higher rate of AA. Council is offering to leave it in place retrospectively for previous financial ye...
I never underestimate how difficult caring must be for those us who do not have, erm, a 'free and frank' :whistle: relationship with their caree's.

Sounds like you doing you're level best Faye in v challenging circumstances. No-one can ask any more.

GFR
Hi Linda This sounds like such a difficult situation. Yes living with one's elderly mum defo is! I wonder could a day centre help here? Give bit time 'home alone' for you? My mum was v reluctant to go to day centre initially; in fact had be coaxed by manager (whom she knew) in person. I may be (prob...
I understand where Henrietta is coming from as for someone with complex needs may not be appropriate. However, perhaps this scheme could be utilised for those which would otherwise need go supported accomodation? I have made it clear to SW that as far as I'm concerned options for my caree are live a...
Hi 'cse' (just had double decker[*] mmm) One for me to wade into I think hailing from north of border. There will be escalation mechanisms, but I made little traction with these. I got my MSP to write to local health and social care partnership but just got the brush off..apparently all issues eithe...
Hi Alison I have got few contacts on 'services offered' on online classified - might be worth a try? I have to say I disagree with Jenny. Circumstances have meant I have become a de facto full time carer for my mum but I undertake it only on my terms . At 41 I must have some focus outside caring. Th...
In contrast to other replies I note that one national providers in links is cheaper than my local NHS social care partnership. They do have slavish protocol based approach to responding but that better than a 'laissez faire' approach!
Hi Christopher Just wanted say hi and welcome. Sounds like you doing great job. Can relate to feeling low re early retirement. Forced my way out under VS with my employer as it was obvious my old life was over. I don't miss work per se; it's having a purpose beyond caring for my mum. It is important...
Hi Kevin, welcome to Forum. Sorry for your loss.

Wondering if you qualify for ESA(C) on past NI contributions?

Worth exploring with Carers UK helpline (email often better)?

Same money as JSA in assessment phase (lasted 31 weeks for me!) but wouldn't need apply jobs.