Just been concentrating on how I've been feeling recently and realised I've become a bit numb to everything. Is that normal? I am still genuinely affectionate with my husband an love him very much, but when things go wrong health wise for him or he is having a very bad pain day - it's like I go numb...
Thanks for your replies - made me a bit more confident to reapply now. I think we are just worried because of all the horror stories and worry about losing a significant amount of our income. I will wait for the newest clinic letters to come through and then reapply. As you say - if not I am letting...
Hi guys, I'm wondering about my husband's PIP. He currently gets higher rate care and lower rate mobility. In the past couple of months his mobility has severely deteriorated due to a new condition he has been diagnosed with (it is linked to - but ultimately separate from his other conditions). He c...
Hi guys, I wasn't sure where to post this. I basically have no credit rating at the age of 31 as I have never had a credit card (I've only ever had phone contracts and internet contracts!). I was careful not to get one at uni and then only worked a little while before becoming a carer and a part tim...
It was the same with us - they paid DLA to my husband until their PIP decision was made and so continued to pay my carers allowance. Fortunately the PIP decision was what we were hoping to get so my carers continued uninterrupted. It all depends on what they give you following their (pointless and s...
Hi thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear you had so much trouble getting the adaptations you needed! I'm glad you finally have them! My husband is on the list for an OT assessment and should have one within 4-6 weeks. Will have to ask about the disabled facilities grant when they come round. When you...
Hi,

I am afraid I don't have any practical advice. But just wanted to say I have Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (PoTS) so if you need anyone to chat to about that drop me a message any time.
I didn't even know he was entitled to that. I thought that was for the elderly?
He was discharged on Wednesday night. We got a delivery of toilet frames and a promise an OT referral had been done. Urgh. Not looking forward to chasing all this. I had a carers assessment when we lived in central Manchester early in the year. Now we have moved to Salford I need to get a needs asse...
Well my husband was in hospital and it was them who told us, even with an OT referral, it could take a while to get any kind of substantial grant through to do bathrooms and stuff. We haven't seen the OT yet at home. It was a bit of a mess at the hospital. They said they had done the referral (and t...